Suzlon One Earth
Suzlon One Earth is the corporate headquarters of Suzlon Energy Ltd. The campus is a mirror of the values and vision of world’s largest renewable energy company, today ranked 3rd in world wind energy sector.
Suzlon’s corporate headquarters at One Earth in Pune was conceived, managed and executed by Synefra as “an exemplary benchmark, as an energy efficient and sustainable solution in all aspects of engineering and construction” and as an “Inspiring place to work”.
It is presented as embodying “the global ambition of Suzlon to integrate sustainability in every aspect of operation and transforming values into practice.”
Suzlon One Earth houses the Suzlon Excellence Academy ( global learning and development centre) and the functional office blocks housing all business verticals based at Pune.
|Project Name||Suzlon One Earth|
|Location||Hadapsar, Pune, India|
|Completion Date||Oct 2009|
|Number of Rooms||5 buildings with total 26 functional wings (floors)|
|Building Height||15.50 Mt|
|Client/Owner||Suzlon Energy Ltd.|
|Project conceived, managed and executed by||Synefra Engineering & Construction Ltd.|
|Principal Architect||Christopher Charles Benninger|
|Main Contractor||Vascon Engineers|
|Interior Architecture||Space Matrix in coordination with Tao Architecture|
|Green building consultant||Environmental Design Solutions|
|Mechanical & Electrical Engineer||Power Engineers|
|Civil & Structural Engineer||Vastec|
|Progam executed & managed by||Synefra Infrastructures Limited, Pune|
|Program Advisors||Panchshil Realty, Pune|
|Chief Architect||Christopher Charles Benninger Architects, Pune|
|Construction & Engineering||Vascon Engineers, Pune|
|Integrated Design Coordination||Tao Design, Pune|
|Interior Architecture||Space Matrix, Singapore in association with Tao Architecture, Pune|
|Landscape Architect||Ravi Varsha Gavandi, Pune|
|Sustainability Consultants||Environmental Design Solutions, New Delhi|
|Communication Design||Elephant Design, Pune|
|Areas||Land||443,473 sq ft (10.18 acres)|
|Office space||598,256 sq ft|
|Terminus (basement)||223,270 sq ft|
|Open space (landscape)||185,578 sq ft|
- AESA (Architects, Engineers, Surveyors Association) Award for Best Corporate Building to Ar. Christopher Benninger
- Economic Times ACETECH Leaders in Infrastructure Awards for –
- Best Commercial Project of the Year 2010
- Best Interior Award to Space Matrix in association with Tao Architecture
- Best Architecture Awards to Christopher Charles Benninger Architects (CCBA)
- Best Eco – Initiatives Awards – Environmental Design Solution
- Century Ply – Aces of Space Design Awards 2010
- Ace of Space – Commercial Project of the Year to CCBA
- Ace of Space – Sustainable Design of the Year to CCBA
- Realty Plus award for Environment Friendly Project of the Year 2010 – Commercial
- Property Award for Green Building of the Year 2010
- CNBC AWAAZ CRISIL CREDAI Real Estate Awards 2011 -Best Corporate Architecture to CCBA
- The prestigious Asia Pacific Property Award 2011
- The Asia Pacific Property Awards 2011 in association with Bloomberg Television & Google awarded the prestigious award to Synefra E&C Ltd for Best Office Development for Suzlon One Earth.
- GIREM leadership Awards 2011: Suzlon One Earth has won the award under following 2 categories
- Sustainable Project of the year’
- Best Office Space Design of the year
- MIPIM Asia Gold Awards 2011 for Best Green Building
- Platinum rated building under LEED® India NC
LEED®: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design rating system was developed and piloted in the US. The Indian Green Building Council has adapted LEED system and has launched LEED India version for rating of new construction (NC).
- Five Star rated building under GRIHA rating system
GRIHA: Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment is a green rating system developed by The Energy Resources Institute (TERI), is promoted by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) as Government of India’s National rating system.
Suzlon One Earth was designed to bring together corporate management and senior staff in a distinctive building which reflected corporate values, and to provide a focal point for staff development and learning. The building was constructed at a optimum construction cost, while resulting in lower life-cycle cost and a smaller environmental footprint.
The tangible saving can be summarized as following:
Sustainability is the hallmark of this project while the result is an inspiring place to work. Sustainable solution and practices are integrated towards efficiency and are detailed out in following sections.